About Me

My photo
Hi everyone!! This is Charulatha Mani. I have taken up blogging to interact with my rasikas worldwide. I would like to thank all of you for your support and appreciation for my Isai Payanam show on Jaya TV, "Isai Cafe" on Raj TV and live concerts. I am here to blog on my concerts, latest film songs, and updates on Isai Payanam and Sahitya Payanam. Happy reading :-)

Friday, November 16, 2012

A Raga's Journey - Dharmavathi and Madhuvanthi



Isai Payanam - Ragas Dharmavathi and Madhuvanthi in Classical and Film Music:



Listen and Learn - Dharmavathi Melakartha:


Kandanal - Raga Madhuvanthi:


Parandhamavati - Raga Dharmavati - Muthuswami Dikshitar:



Bhajana Seya Rada - Raga Dharmavathi - Mysore Vasudevachar (MP3 Clip)

Film Songs in Ragas Dharmavathi and Madhuvanthi:

    

Previously covered Ragas:

2 comments:

  1. Dear Charulata,

    This is Professor Srinivasan from IIT Bombay. I was looking to hear Tyagaraja's Nadaloludai that I heard several years ago sung by Maharajapuram Santhanam from an old Sangteetha cassette that is issued no more.

    I looked through the net and I enjoyed your rendering of this piece immensely.
    It is buoyant and as the Saint-Poet describes, it does immerse us into the etherial world of music.

    The translations and explanations greatly enhance one's appreciation of the piece. I would venture to make one small suggestion:

    The english translation may read better thus:

    May the mind experience supreme joy through immersion in the sweet sounds of the seven svaras and ragas.

    However this is just a suggestion. Afterall no translation can ever be as perfect as the original !

    Thanks for the lovely rendering.
    Prof. Gopal Srinivasan

    ReplyDelete