Abu Dhabi concert, June 18th, 2010


The Carnatic Music Society and Indian Embassy at Abu Dhabi jointly hosted my Isai Payanam concert there. Warm audience, plenty of life and enthusiasm in them...

I presented certain Dasar padas, Thyagaraja and Dikshitar kritis, Bhajans and Abhangs in addition to Tamil favourites since the audience there is a mix of Tamil speaking population and Malayalam, Kannada, Telugu and Hindi.

Mr Ganesh, a music lover and organiser from Abu Dhabi took the initiative to bring me to UAE after listening to my live concert here in Chennai. Very meticulous organiser and nice person. He and his wife Chandrika took great care of me, took me around after the concert, and we had lots of fun.

The visit to the Grand Mosque was unforgettable. Awe-inspiring architecture, marbled surfaces, hand painted windows, carpet, high ceilings, massive open-to-sky area...an experience to cherish. Wearing the burkha was a novel experience... I respect all religions and felt very calm and took in the spiritual vibrations.

The Royal Rajasthan restaurant supplied food after the concert and the Pudina Pulao tasted awesome...the next day we were invited there for lunch again and the Rajasthani thali was so good, I fell completely silent while eating. Watch out for the restaurant folks...

Shopping was a riot and I went crazy. If I had a few more days there I would have gladly blown up every last Dirham I possessed. SO COOL!


I met and chatted with popular comedian Mr.Vadivelu in the flight who was seated right behind me. I'm a big fan!


Comments

  1. Pranams,

    It was a very memorable evening for self and dad, we enjoyed your concert (Isai Payanam) and we really thank you for the same.

    Hope you had a comfortable flight back to Chennai and got some rest after a busy schedule.

    Please do keep in touch and all the very best to all your future endeavors

    Regards
    Shankar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much. While attending your concert, I saw Godess Saraswathi on stage with wonderful Diamond Addigai. Each note landing on perfect swara,clarity was wonderful.Hats off to your presentation. People listening to Idea Start singer etc. commented by Cine play back singers and Music directors, have become vigilant and they are judging better now which is good and if rendering is good, they are the good publicity. Long live you and your service to Music.

    Elayalvar Annan, Abu Dhabi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kannukkul Pothivaippen - Thirumanam Enum Nikkah

A Raga's Journey — Heart-rending Hamsanandi

I have to identify it!!!!