About Me

My photo
Hi everyone!! This is Charulatha Mani. I have taken up blogging to interact with my rasikas worldwide. I would like to thank all of you for your support and appreciation for my Isai Payanam show on Jaya TV, "Isai Cafe" on Raj TV and live concerts. I am here to blog on my concerts, latest film songs, and updates on Isai Payanam and Sahitya Payanam. Happy reading :-)

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Lecture Demonstration at Kola Saraswati school


On 22nd February I gave a lecture demonstration to students of Kola Saraswati Vaishnav School at Kilpauk. They were children of classes 5 to 8. Very cherubic faced, enthusiastic kids. I started off with an introduction to Mayamalavagowla, then Malahari, Mohanam, Kapi, Kaanada etc. I asked them simple questions and they chorused the answers. They sang along in Mohanam geetam "Vara Veena". The jubilation in their faces when they got an answer correct was something I will remember for a long time. Later requests came in for the show-stoppers like "Kurai Ondrum Illai" which I gladly fulfilled. I was their requested by the students (they screamed out loud) to sing "En Uchi Mandaila" from "Vettaikaran" at the end of the show. They sang that along too!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Charulatha ji,
    I am originally from Andhra and currently living
    in US. I am also a student in Bharatanatyam....a late bloomer. My guruji Deivika Natyamani Smt. Usha Narayan has also done research in Arrayar sevai and adapted the dance for stage as Sringa Nrittyam. I am currently learning the pasuram "Pallanda"... but the recording she has is very old and
    audio quality has deteriorated. I saw your video on youtube. Absolutely amazing...like honey to ears. I don't understand the language much but love the rasa...

    I would like to buy the CDs of pasurams...did not find them online...or I could not tell which ones had them. Would greatly appreciate your help...

    Respects,
    Saritha

    ReplyDelete