Janmastami Special Concert at RK Swamy Audi, Mylapore on 14th Aug


Hi friends,

Hope you all had lovely Krishna Jayanthi celebrations, despite the minor hassle that the swine flu scare created. On 13th I performed at the IKSCON Temple here in Valmiki Nagar Chennai for a private audience, very calm experience. 

On 14th was the day I have been looking forward to for the past few months now. Isai Payanam Trust, founded by me, was officially launched on the 14th of August. On this occasion I presented a Janmastami special concert dedicated to the life and stories of Lord Sri Krishna. I presented well loved kritis, bhajans and abhangs, interspersed with interesting anecdotes from the Bhagavatam and some verses with meanings from the Bhagavat Gita. I was totally taken in by the spiritual power that prevailed on the stage that day, and my audience were also drawn in. It was a warm, and fulfilling experience. Some of the most memorable renditions were that of "Ganamurthe" - Thyagaraja in Ganamurthi raga, "Sri Parthasarathy" by Dikshitar in Suddha Dhanyasi raga, "Krishna Nee Begane" in Yamunakalyani, "Jagadhodarana" - Pilu, and the Abhangs.

Some excerpts (full recording will be available soon):

This morning was spent at the floors of SUN TV where I shot for the Vijayadasami Special program on songs of Durga, Lakshmi, and Saraswati. In the evening I sang for a film called "Aaraam Vidhi" music by newcomer Haribabu from Bangalore. Nice peppy tune sung by "Madura Kulunga" (Subramanyapuram fame)  Velmurugan and myself.

Tired but not  just enough to go to sleep without connecting with my fans and friends...

Lots of love, take care and protect yourself from the swine-flu. Try not to touch your face when you are out at  public places. Wash up thoroughly after coming home.

Bye...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kannukkul Pothivaippen - Thirumanam Enum Nikkah

A Raga's Journey — Heart-rending Hamsanandi

I have to identify it!!!!