- Charulatha Mani Carnatic vocalist and Playback singer
- I am a singer-researcher with expertise in Karnatik Music and Early Opera. I discuss intercultural music-making contexts. My work is available at www.charulathamani.com and at www.youtube.com/isaipayanam
Thursday, March 25, 2010
The concert's highlight pieces were Santanagopalakrishnam in Khamas, Mohanarama in Mohanam, Sobillu Saptaswara, Bantureeti, and Thirupaavai.
The pieces I sang were:
Jaya Jaya - Nattai (Purandaradasa)
Saraseeruhasana - Nattai
Manavinala kincharadhate - Nalinakanti
Ra Rama - Asaveri
Thamarai Poo Mevum - Saraswati
Brocheva - Khamas
Intha Sowkhya - Kapi
Narahari Deva - Yamunakalyani
Nenana Mein Siyaram - Lalith - Tulsi Bhajan
Sangeeta Rasike - Saranga
Thillana - Maand
This was followed by special darshan and puja, a memorable concert. I was accompanied by B Anantakrishnan on the violin, S. J. Arjun Ganesh on Mridangam and Sundar on Morsing.
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
It was a two and a half hour concert for Rajalakshmi Fine Arts at GKNM Hopital Audi, Coimbatore, on 7th March.
Myself, Anantakrishnan(violin) and Tirunageswaram Manikandan (mridangam) took stage and the concert pieces were:
1. Varnam - Abhogi
2. Mahaganapatim - Nattai
3. Brova Barama - Bahudari (raga, swaras) Listen to MP3 clip
4. Naan Oru Vilaiyattu - Navarasakanada
5. Akhilandeswari (preceded by sloka) - Dwijavanti (swaras) Listen to MP3 clip
6. Srinivasa - Hamsanandi (raga, niraval, swaras) Listen to MP3 clip
7. Samanamevaru - Kharaharapriya (raga, niraval, swaras) Listen to MP3 clip
8. Koovi Azhaikka - Sindhubhairavi
9. Viruttam - Ragamalika (Varali, Kapi, Valaji)
10. Koovi Azhaithaal - Valaji
11. Abhang - Brindavani
12. Thillana - Madhuvanti
Do you like the list?