UK Concerts




Dear friends,

Hope you all had a lovely Diwali.

I had nice performances at London, full houses and warm audiences, organised by Tamil Orphans Trust. Very satisfying. Singing for 3 1/2 hours on consecutive days is quite a task, but by God's grace I was able to do it.

An excerpt from Sunday's concert:

http://www.charulathamani.com/clips/tot2009-excerpts.mp3

The weather in London was quite pleasant bordering on being a little chilly and biting at times, especially at night. After the concerts I had a day to spare and went to the Bhakthivedanta Manor Hare Krishna Temple at George Harrison Manor, donated by George Harrison of the Beatles, to the Hare Krishna Movement. I also did some modest shopping and dined out with friends. I gave interviews, for Deepam TV, G-TV, IBC Radio, and one for Thamarai.com, a new portal for showcasing Asian talents to the Western world. The London audience is loving, receptive, very encouraging, and I was tickled when "Once more" resounded in the hall after I finished "Enna Thavam Seidhanai" in Kapi Raga. Overall, a hectic, enjoyable trip. Hope you liked me on Vijay TV's "Paattu Padava". I did my best, and 60K is nice to win...I'm contented (for now!!)

Comments

  1. It was an absolute pleasure to listen to you at the Chuchill Hall last night. It is a breath of fresh air when some not only sings but also explains music to the uninitiated like myself. My wife & I thoroughly enjoyed the evening. You were wonderful.

    Raj Rudran
    UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had good rest after last nights performance, I enjoyed the performance and would like to keep in touch with you, you are such a nice person and down to earth.

    Bipin
    UK

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kannukkul Pothivaippen - Thirumanam Enum Nikkah

A Raga's Journey — Heart-rending Hamsanandi

I have to identify it!!!!